Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Life's Too Short - From HOMEGROUND

From: martin@kawa.ssl.fujitsu.co.jp (S.C.T. Martin)
Date: 12 Apr 93 06:38:52 GMT
Subject: Re: Life's Too Short - From HOMEGROUND
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ssl.fujitsu.co.jp

On 9 Apr 93 19:13:36 GMT, s0pdfm@exnet.co.uk (P D Fitzgerald-Morris) said:

s0pdfm> HOMEGROUND 47 has now gone off to the printer, after much midnight oil
s0pdfm> burning. Hopefully it will be in the post to subscribers before the
s0pdfm> end of the month.

I never renewed my subscription after I moved but I would liked to
know if HG is still very New Age or what?

s0pdfm> Why do some of you guys spend so much time throwing bricks at
s0pdfm> each other?

They do it in all the better newsgroups. Bit out of place in a
mail-list though. At least there is no crossposting to r.m.g.

s0pdfm> The rantings in some recent posts have gones beyond the
s0pdfm> infantile.

Never! These guys are really mature and grown up! You should see what
passes for intelligent, articulate debating in other newsgroups, now
they can be really puerile!

s0pdfm> The recent discussion of Kate's sexuality would distress her immensely
s0pdfm> were she to be aware of it.

OK. Anybody want to talk about my sexuality instead?

s0pdfm> If Kate doesn't want to do any promotion for the next album, how is it
s0pdfm> to be promoted? Should it be?

EMI puts advertisements in the music press, sends promo copies to radio
stations and music journalists and send album-cover posters to the shops.
That is enough for me to find out that a new album exists and what it
sounds like.

How much promotion does KaTe really need to be involved. Where does the
product end and the hype begin?  Example, is the album cover part of
the album or is it simply to make the lp/cd/cassette more attractive
to the potential purchaser browsing in a shop.

Are you talking about personal appearances, interviews and the like?
Does this kind of thing make a significant impact on sales figures?
I don't think so...

|S.C.T. Martin|Fujitsu S.S.L. Limited|martin@kawa.ssl.fujitsu.co.jp|
|    The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it     |
|                        Oscar Wilde                               |