Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Magic 110 i have met the enemy, and my he does go on

From: lazlo%triton.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: 2 Apr 1993 04:35:16 GMT
Subject: Re: Magic 110 i have met the enemy, and my he does go on
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

jorn@chinet.chi.il.us (Jorn Barger) writes:

>> Your experiences are not "evidence" of a phenomena any more than Billy
>> Graham's faith is "evidence" of God's existance or my dreams about
>> k.d.lang last night are "evidence" of her heterosexuality.
>
> Hmm... "experience = faith = dream"  paradoxical!  nay, *Wildean*!!!

None of the three are evidence of anything, Jorn.  If you can't deal with
that fact, stop pretending to be dealing in facts.

Quoted from <m0nd4k4-0004KPC@chinet.chi.il.us>:

> I think what's wrong with CDs as a recording medium is that, being
> digital, they're unable to *absorb any imprint* from you and your
> feelings as you listen to the songs recorded on them, the 'emotional
> scent' of the life you felt yourself living at that time.  So when you
> listen *now* to old analog media-- vinyl or tape-- you feel something of
> that time, something particular to *that piece* of vinyl or plastic that
> *you* vibed with then, much more sensually than you'll ever feel again in
> these CD-times, listening back a decade or two from now.

Make up your mind, Barger.

> In the future, if my experiences threaten to tax your prejudices, just
> feel free to heap me with abuse, instead.

The hypocritical whine of someone who's spewed more abuse in this thread
than me, Larry, or Drukman all put together.  When you learn how to counter
a serious question with something other than feint, a sneer, and an insult,
maybe you'll stop getting abuse from other people.

--
Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)