Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MTV and good music

From: Markku Kolkka <mk59200@cs.tut.FI>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1993 10:49:47 GMT
Subject: Re: MTV and good music
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: #Kotilo NEWS system <usenet@peippo.cs.tut.FI>

In article <9303231257.AA05329@aida.intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de> uli@intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de (Ulrich Grepel) writes:
>it seems like the regular programme director of MTV Europe is on holiday.
>Yesterday Kate was presented in 'MTV Greatest Hits', they showed 'Babooshka'.

Actually Kate has been on very often on "Greatest Hits" lately. On
Friday (19.3.) they showed "The Man With the Child in His Eyes",
"Wuthering Heights" was shown earlier last week, and if I remember
correctly, todays show should contain videos directed by Julian
Doyle, which means "Cloudbusting".

>P.S.: Anyone else in Europe who has to suffer from bad technical quality of
>MTV Europe in the last few months? Intense red areas are filled with white
>sparks,

I have seen this as well.

> often the picture and sound is unstable and so it's not always much
>fun to watch it. It's the only station that's that bad, and on more than
>one TV set. Now I want to know if I should blame my cable company (Telecom)
>or MTV itself.

I've seen the problem on other satellite channels, so I guess the problem
could be with the satellite or it could be some weather-related
effect. I don't think it's MTV's fault.

--
	Markku Kolkka
	mk59200@cc.tut.fi