Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Just a tidbit

From: E Welsh <welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1993 10:12:53 GMT
Subject: Re: Just a tidbit
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

Andrea asks a very reasonable question:
> Oh, and there is one other thing... i am going to sacrifice my ignorance for
> the benefit of others :-)...  I too hail the return of IED, of whom we have
> heard much!  Unfortunately I was not part of this group when IED first
> appeared and so now that he has returned it has occurred to me that I don't
> know what IED means/stands for.  :-) (very sheepishly)  Can anyone be so
> kind as to tell me without laughing too hard.  I don't see anyway that it
> connects with Kate's name or a song, but I'm probably missing something.

To the best of REW's knowledge IED has never divulged this secret to any
but a trusted and privileged few, of which REW is sadly not one.

Previous attempts to guess the meaning behind The Symbols have proved
fruitless, with IED refusing to be goaded into either confirming or denying
theories presented by numerous intrepid philocanines. If REW casts his mind
back, one particular theory--not his own--springs to mind: In Excelsis Dea
which, if REW's total lack of latin education fails to expose him for the
charlatan he is, means Goddess in heaven.

Here's hoping that after all this time IED will TaKe pity on his fellow
gaffans (would that REW was worthy to be called such) and realise that the
world is ripe for this knowledge.

/ Evan Welsh                                    <welsh@epcc.ed.ac.uk> \
\ Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre               (+44 31 650 5960) /