Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MTV and good music

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 93 13:57:14 +0100
Subject: MTV and good music
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi,

it seems like the regular programme director of MTV Europe is on holiday.
Yesterday Kate was presented in 'MTV Greatest Hits', they showed 'Babooshka'.
And Paul Kink 'was allowed' to use the two expressions 'Kate Bush' and
'perfection' in the same sentence!!! He said that Kate has chosen not to tour
again since 1979, because she couldn't reach the perfection of the studio on
the stage. This even might be true (or doesn't KaTe define perfection? then she
would be perfect regardless of what she does. Hmmm, CITW comes to mind...). And
if that's not enough, MTV played another KaTe video within TWO HOURS!!!
(BTW: There wasn't any Madonna or Michael Jackson inbetween (if you don't
count the MTV Greatest Hits intro).) The 'Rockblock' special with Pink Floyd's
drummer (what's his name again?) contained 'Don't give up'. Seems like the
standard Pink Floyd member has a good taste in music...

Bye,

Uli

P.S.: Anyone else in Europe who has to suffer from bad technical quality of
MTV Europe in the last few months? Intense red areas are filled with white
sparks, often the picture and sound is unstable and so it's not always much
fun to watch it. It's the only station that's that bad, and on more than
one TV set. Now I want to know if I should blame my cable company (Telecom)
or MTV itself.