Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Butterfly Kisses & The Can bootlegs

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 93 12:54:41 MET
Subject: Butterfly Kisses & The Can bootlegs
To: Love-Hounds-Request@uunet.UU.NET

Graham says:

>     I got my hands on the "Buterfly Kisses" bootleg the other day. I like it!
> Can anybody tell me just where each of those songs were taped? Also, what
> information do we have on "The Can" bootleg.

No, unfortunately I cannot tell you where the songs were recorded, but woj
has done a comprehensive track listing of "Butterfly Kisses" a while ago.

But I can tell you something about "The Can":

It comes in five different colors (mine is blue/blue), is a can normally
used for storing films, contains a T-Shirt (that's the other one of the
colors), a few photocopies (lyrics, press information), an authentification
certificate (that your copy is one of 100 in that color), a sticker (mine
is already on the auth. cert., :-(, that is black-on-gold, about 4 inches
in diameter, can be seen again on the outside of the can, and holds the same
picture as the T-shirt (Kate's head with some oriental hat, the pic can be
found in the TWW-booklet). Now for the music: The LP is unfortunately badly
cut out (the whole and the groove are everything but concentric, resulting
in a bad heeeeoooooeeeeeooooooeeeeeoooo kind of sound (perhaps that's my copy
only, but it's annoying). And the sound quality of at least some of the songs
could be better (hey, I have some of them on CD). Now finally for the contents:

There are 8 tracks on the disc, I hope I can get them all together (working
from memory here, order is probably wrong):

- December will be magic again (bongo version from the Abba special)
- Be kind to my mistakes (much longer sound track version)
- Sing, children, sing (Kate & Paddy in the chorus of the Lesley Duncan single)
- Flowers (Zaine Griffs single, KT in the background)
- Once (Roy Harper's track)
- You (the game part II) (Roy Harper's other track)

There are two other tracks, I don't know them for sure, but I think one of them
is
- Sister (Midge Ure's Kateduett)

Sorry, for the last one I have to be at home.

Recommendation status: Only important for true colleKTors. Interesting for
the songs that are hard to find (I don't have another copy of SCS and Flowers,
but these two songs are not worth listening if they were on CD. Sorry if I
annoy anyone here, but they're awful IMHO).

Bye,

Uli