Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Who is Rosabelle?

From: vjmurphy%carina.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu (Vincent J. Murphy)
Date: 26 Feb 1993 06:33:28 GMT
Subject: Re: Who is Rosabelle?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <930225190603_555063.0_CHL54-1@CompuServe.COM> MJM@ZYLAB.MHS.CompuServe.COM (Mike Mendelson) writes:
>I was recently showing someone the Houdini description that Kate
>once wrote (the story anout Ford, etc.) and the album cover and the
>song.  Just when I thought I was thru, she asked about the lyrics,
>and who Rosabelle is, and I was stumped.  I felt dumb because I know

   The phrase 'Rosabelle, believe' was the code phrase that
Houdini worked out with his wife to send to her from the
afterlife. Though Houdini's wife tried a myriad of mediums,
none had the correct message. Well, apparently one did, but I do
believe it was shown that that medium and Mrs. Houdini had either
planned it out before, or she had accidentally informed him
of the code phrase.
   Rosabelle, of course, was just his wife's nickname, if I
remember correctly.
--
"You ask me if sex is one of the most  _\_\    _/_/
 important things in life?  Absolutely. _\_\  _/_/     Vincent J. Murphy