Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Grammy Nightmare

From: feygin@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Alexander Feygin)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1993 05:16:22 GMT
Subject: Re: Grammy Nightmare
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa, alt.rock-n-roll
Sender: feygin@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (I)

awalsh@mta.ca (Andrew Walsh) writes:
} Last night's Grammy telecast was the worst piece of television I
} have EVER seen. Shandling was the worst host in history. No timing
} at all. There were more technical screw-ups than a video from your
} local garage band, the musical numbers SUCKED, ESPECIALLY PG's. Even
} Cirque De Soleil couldn't save that turkey. Whoever was responsible
} for directing or writing the material should be shot many times,
} and be left alive for public stoning. Only k.d. Lang's performance
} was on par, and yes, I'm biased because she's Canadian. She deserved
} that Grammy tho. I'm not complaining about who won(much), but the
} show itself was pathetic.
} Did anyone else feel this way?

yeah...  the show was pretty terrible and the Steam number did suck.
But nothing compared to the fiasco of teaming up the Chili Peppers
with George Clinton.  It didnt even sound like music...

--
   Alexander Feygin           "Tell me something I don't know"
  a-feygin@uiuc.edu                      --Ministry

The opinions expressed above are those of the author and not CCSO