Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Can I cry now?

From: meth@aol.com
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 93 20:39:59 EST
Subject: Re: Can I cry now?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

People who post long posts don't bug me, unless the meat of what they're
saying gets cut off by my mailer.

People whose mailers quote ENTIRE HUGE POSTS before their replies, which are
generally two or three lines followed by a .sig that's bigger than the
original message, bug me.  And many others.  I pay for every minute it takes
for this molasses-bound system to process the messages and download them to
my computer for reading, and I'm not alone in this.

I know Vickie's playlist is amazing- I saved her message out the first time
it appeared on the list.  Chris, I know you find it amazing too.  But did you
really have to show us all again?  And then repeat the list as a paraphrase?

I know I'm coming across as a massive bitch here, and I can understand if
your mailer leaves you with no choice (Drewicifer and Vickie have this mailer
problem too, if I'm not mistaken), but it would be nice if people used
discretion in their replies.  My mailer doesn't allw me to quote at all, and
it is possible to get by without it.

Sorry to bring the level of discussion down to this level.... but it's
starting to get our of hand.

Meredith Tarr
meth@aol.com