Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Can I cry now?

From: jeffo@uiuc.edu (J.B. Nicholson-Owens)
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1993 00:33:51 GMT
Subject: Re: Can I cry now?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@ux3.cso.uiuc.edu (Net Noise owner)

I concur, this bugs me too.  Unfortunately, there are way too many posters
on USENET who over-quote.  I stand firm on sticking to three line (at the
*absolute* maximum) quotes of approximately 72 characters per line.  I also
agree that quoting is not even necessary all the time for the additional
reason that most modern news readers do have the ability to either track
threads or go back to previously read articles.

To me this is far from bitching, it's a problem with some USENET posters and
one that costs other USENET readers money.  For me, a lot more of my money
is spent transmitting someones article multiple times than is spent
transmitting original material.
--
-- Jeff (jeffo@uiuc.edu)
-- NeXTmail welcome