Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

General Stuff

From: LISAKARN%EARLHAM.BITNET@UICVM.UIC.EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1993 19:13 EST
Subject: General Stuff
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

From: lisakarn@yang.earlham.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 3 Feb 93 19:13:13 EST

Question about the $160 list price on the _Woman's Work_
box set.  Someone (sorry I don't remember who) mentioned
getting it for $140 in Japan.  I got the American
imported release (black boxed set) in Washington DC
from a national chain at $118.
So, was the thing actually sold at the $160 list price
anywhere, or was it everywhere under list price...
I know, I shouldn't conclude anything from only two
instances, but I thought it curious.
About lots of the box set being in japanese...
The black box set I have is quite considerate about
printing lyrics and album titles in both languages
and I noticed very few English typos.
(Except in _Not This Time_ my ears hear
"You keep me going/ you keep the shit away"
and the typed lyrics say "ship" -- which doesn't
make very much sense but the line _is_ murmured
and I could be mis-hearing it.)
As for translation: find/make a Japanese
friend or penpal fellowfan who'd be willing to
translate.

Anybody else read _Book of Dreams_? I felt so
embarased spending all that time thinking
Organon was a person's name when it's a
place's... By the way who or what is
_Gaffa_?  I've puzzled over _Suspended
in Gaffa_ oodles of time and haven't fathomed
it yet.  And is the video in any collection?

Where can I get _Hair of the Hound_?
(audio or video cassette)

I'm so happy to discover this group!