Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KAte with a short back and slap!

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris Williams)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1993 04:16:47 GMT
Subject: Re: KAte with a short back and slap!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9301282257.AA09248@syrinx.umd.edu> jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka) writes:
>Drewcifer sez:
>
>>Um...I wouldn't exactly refer to "Cloudbusting" as recent.  I think she
>>wanted to look boyish for the video, but this is a long shot.
>
>Read for content...he said the friend saw a "recent" picture, and that
>it wasn't in the context of Cloudbusting.

   Specifically in _Cloudbusting_ she was playing a boy (Peter Reich), not
simply "looking boyish."

>>Her hair, since *I* last saw it, is long again and quite beautiful.  Check
>>out the videos from _The_Sensual_World_ to see it...I think she looks
>>absolutely wonderful in the title video myself, and her outfit just SCREAMS
>>Kateness to me.
>
>I hate to be the one to point this out to you, but those videos to
>which you're referring were shot roughly *3* years ago.  They may have
>absolutely no bearing on the state of KaTe's hair now.  In that length
>of time she could have gotten a crew cut and then grown it all back to
>its old length.

   From the Department of Random Kate Theories: Maybe Kate did cut her
hair. She has had the same basic hair length for most of her life,
and the possibility exists that she kept it long because her Mother
liked her to keep it long, and she kept it that way to please her.
After Hanna's passing, (and a suitable period) she felt free to adopt
a lower maintenance style.

>I vaguely remember a reference to long hair in the "Rocketman" video,
>but that was also a year ago and may have no bearing whatsoever on the
>present.  It only takes a minute or two to undo years of hair-growing
>(says he whose long hair makes him neurotic around scissors...;-)

   She has very long hair in the _Rocketman_ video, but I am sure (from
the looks of it) that her hair was her usual length, with extentions.
I showed the video to my brother and sister-in-law. She's the sort of
woman who derives pleasure from picking other women apart (a bitch),
and she assured me that Kate's extra-long hair once belonged to someone
else. Kate's extended hair reaches the top of her bottom..>

                           Chris Williams
                              katefans@chinet.chi.il.us
                                 chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu