Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: NYC, Happy etc.

From: froument@lifl.fr
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 93 17:16:51 +0100
Subject: re: NYC, Happy etc.
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Babbit writes...

>     ObKate:  I've had trouble introducing new listeners to Kate.  If I
> start with something weird like The Dreaming or Sat In Your Lap, it is
> instantly hated (indeed, I didn't like this stuff at first either).  If I
> start with something moderately accessible, like Jig of Life or Hello
> Earth or RUTH, I still don't really succeed (RUTH has been the best)
> because the songs are too hard to understand (shame on me for playing TNW
> piecewise) on one listening.  On the other hand, I have been able to use
> the fluffier stuff like This Woman's Work or The Man With the Child in His
> Eyes, but then the listener pigeonholes Kate as the woman with the pretty
> voice and piano, and I have difficulty opening his/her mind to the songs
> with more Kateness.  Any suggestions (beyond simply raising the quality of
> my friends)?

You should try Suspended in Gaffa. It's got a nice, rythmic tune, and it has
the advantage of not being on the singles CD. I have had pretty good results
with it. For maximum efficiency, you should insert it between This Woman's Work
and Sat in your Lap.

	Max F

PS. Does anyone knows about the probability of finding something from Happy
Rhodes in France or nearby ?