Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Y KANT KATE TURE & Flamewars

From: Richard Moynes <MOYNES_R%PCSDEV.dnet@eismv3.dofasco.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1992 16:33:20 EST
Subject: Y KANT KATE TURE & Flamewars
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Kimberly Stauffer AMSTE-LGS 4900 <kstauff@APG-9.APG.ARMY.MIL> asks:
>WHY KATE WOULN'T TOUR TO THE USA?

I've heard that she has a fear of flying.  I recently heard that Robert Smith
of the Cure also has a fear of flying and on their recent tour (farewell #2?)
they hopped a boat to N.A. and bussed it as much as possible after that.  They
had no plans of touring Australia until several thousand Aussie fans sent in a
petition begging them to come over.  Anyone think this would work with Kate?
Sign me up anyway, but please wait until the new album is in the stores...

stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin) dangles flamebait thusly:
>Just to add yet another opinion (in this case, the correct one), of TSW:

.... additional flamebait deleted

>Lame songs: The Fog (a Ninth Wave outtake)

Lame?  Lame?  This is the one song I would most like to hear blaring from a
ghetto-blaster well after midnight while sitting in a rowboat 1/4 mile from
shore (and said ghetto-blaster) with half a dozen cold beers on a starry fall
night.  I almost had my wish too, but the AC/DC fans who stayed on shore
hijacked the ghetto-blaster halfway through Love & Anger.  Sigh.  I guess I
should be glad they waited that long.

"...might not be right for you, but it's right for me" - Sarah McLachlan

>Good songs: Reaching Out (even if it is the Kate Song most likely to
>be covered by Niel Diamond),
Are there any other semi-dyslexics out there who always think of Neil Young
whenever they see the name Neil Diamond???  And personally, if any of the songs
belong in the lame section (which they don't) this would have been my pick
(unless either of the Neils can do a better job than Kate :-).

--

Richard Moynes                             Not speaking for
moynes_r@qis.dofasco.ca                    Dofasco Inc., Hamilton, Ont.