Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Laugh in Fog/Anger (Was Re: Reaching Out/Heads)

From: ledgerj@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Jim Ledger)
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1992 16:56:25 EST
Subject: Laugh in Fog/Anger (Was Re: Reaching Out/Heads)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: netnews@sei.cmu.edu (Netnews)

In article <Dec.3.00.39.43.1992.26029@pilot.njin.net> vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes) writes:

>To Gord: Wouldn't *you* laugh after having just gone "yeahhhhhh"? If not,
>why *would* you laugh before "The Fog"?

Just another long-time lurker offering a different point of view:

I have no objective data supporting either theory, but I've always rationalized
the laugh-Fog connection by assuming that the playfulness in the laugh was
intended to convey a sense of childhood nostalgia, which is not incompatible
with the theme in The Fog. Somewhat weak, I know, but not unreasonable.

Jim