Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 92 14:16:19 EST
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: pcp2g@karma.astro.Virginia.EDU (Gilligan)
Subject: Re: The Sensual World
Sender: usenet@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1992 19:07:39 GMT

In article <1992Dec1.034824.26221@galileo.cc.rochester.edu>,
as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik) writes:
|> In <a7400a2f@waltham.columbus.oh.us> scasterg@waltham.columbus.oh.us
(Stuart Castergine) writes:

|> >I liked Andrew Simchick's comments about the majestic feeling of
_The
|> >Sensual World_. Thanks, Andrew, that really made things click for
me.

|> I'm really happy I helped you out--I think TSW is a consistently
underrated
|> album, and I wonder if maybe people are just looking for the wrong
things
|> on it.

I have not heard the NETword on this album. I however like it very much.
It
is by far the most lyrical and sweeping of her music. I enjoy all the
albums
I have heard (TKI, HoL, Dreaming, TSW), but each is very different, and
I have
a first true love of big sweeping themes (I have always loved Russian
romantic
classical music). This is why I like TSW the best.

|> By the way, something which perhaps helped me to get that majestic
feeling
|> was the video for "Love and Anger"--that scepter and sphere (isn't
there a
|> word for it, like "palantir"?), you know?  It remains, as I've said,
one of
|> my favorite Kate songs, and one of my favorite songs of all time,
because of
|> that gorgeous uplifting triumph it carries.

I too like this song, but the video to the title track is my favorite.
The song embodies the sensual pleasures, and seeing her run through a
forest,
dressed in a red velvet dress, arms spread wide... wow.

(Actually, I like the Cloudbusting video too. Donald Sutherland is
cool.)

--
* Phil Plait                 pcp2g@virginia.edu
*