Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Sensual World

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 92 03:48:24 GMT
Subject: Re: The Sensual World
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <a7400a2f@waltham.columbus.oh.us> scasterg@waltham.columbus.oh.us (Stuart Castergine) writes:

>I liked Andrew Simchick's comments about the majestic feeling of _The
>Sensual World_. Thanks, Andrew, that really made things click for me.

>Sometimes I just need to find the proper groove to enjoy a record.
>Majesty was the trigger word for TSW!

>I have finally achieved the proper level of Kateness for that album.
>:-)

>---
>scasterg@waltham.columbus.oh.us -- Stuart M. Castergine        ---
>                I  still dream of Orgonon.                      |/
>                                                                |\

I'm really happy I helped you out--I think TSW is a consistently underrated
album, and I wonder if maybe people are just looking for the wrong things
on it.

By the way, something which perhaps helped me to get that majestic feeling
was the video for "Love and Anger"--that scepter and sphere (isn't there a
word for it, like "palantir"?), you know?  It remains, as I've said, one of
my favorite Kate songs, and one of my favorite songs of all time, because of
that gorgeous uplifting triumph it carries.

Drewcifer (soon to get a new .sig)
*  Andrew David Simchik *  DISCLAIMER: I said it... 			   *
*  a.k.a. Drewcifer     *  			No one else would!	   *							   *