Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Reminisce

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 92 17:46:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Reminisce
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Judy writes:

>I only listen through headphones!!! (well I occasionaly play some KaTe during
>dinner parties, and friends visits.)  It seems the best way to hear every bit
>of her composition, her genius in using her voice as an instrument, using
>non-traditional instruments, and creating sounds that have AS MUCH meaning as
>her lyrics. Woh, it's awesome. (does that qualify me as a Love-Hound?)
>
>BTW, on Army Dreamers, do you hear the click/clack of a bolt action rifle used
>keeping time???

That rifle bolt is probably the most prominent sound on "Army Dreamers" and
is _quite_ audible without headphones.

It was also the subject of one of the funnier (imo) r.m.g discussions of
the last few years--a discussion with provided the imagery of a soldier
sitting in a studio holding his rifle as KaTe waved her baton.

While there are many times that headphones are nice, there is definitely
something to be said for using good, loud speakers.  It's much easier
to get a feel for the fabric of the composition, instead of the individual
components of warp and weft.

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|                                |  Time for you to / Be who you are."      |