Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Reminisce

From: sproles@pine.circa.ufl.edu (SPROLES)
Date: 17 Nov 92 21:48:01 GMT
Subject: Re: Reminisce
To: rec-music-gaffa@ufl.edu
News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.3-4
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@bikini.cis.ufl.edu

John Kortink writes:
>I never actually bought 'vinyl' though

I have, the first album I bought was the Whole Story, vinyl.
Months earlier a good friend said that I might like her music, although he did
not own any of her work himself.  Bought TWS as an introduction and now that I
consider myself a Love Hound, I still think that TWS and HoL are the best intro
albums for potential gaffans.

John also says:
>I still have definite, positive *chills* when listening to any of her albums,
>and, although it varies, I particularly trip on Never for Ever, Lionheart and
>The Dreaming. I always listen to them in the evenings, with my headphones on
>(which some people regard as a quirk, I think it increases involvement, and
>it's a brilliant headphone anyway ;').

I only listen through headphones!!! (well I occasionaly play some KaTe during
dinner parties, and friends visits.)  It seems the best way to hear every bit
of her composition, her genius in using her voice as an instrument, using
non-traditional instruments, and creating sounds that have AS MUCH meaning as
her lyrics. Woh, it's awesome. (does that qualify me as a Love-Hound?)

BTW, on Army Dreamers, do you hear the click/clack of a bolt action rifle used
keeping time???

>It's so sad there's too much to collect ... ;-)
>John Kortink

That's true, but I think in a way that it's only sad when
collectors do not share their "Finds" with the uninitiated. :)

Gaffans/Love Hounds are driven by their nature (and by her KaTeness) to share.

Judy Sproles
SPROLES@PINE.CIRCA.UFL.EDU