Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate, Tori, et al

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 92 00:16:16 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate, Tori, et al
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <Xk2kVB1w165w@netlink.cts.com> patrickm@netlink.cts.COM (Patrick McKinnion) writes:

>   Okay, I'm kinda new here, but I'll jump in
>   I am a VERY big KateFan.   I am also a ToriFan, and a
>Suzanne(Vega)Fan, and of of the three, I think that Tori is closer to
>Suzanne, at least in sheer intensity of emotion expressed.

Weeeelllll,  I don't know about that.  I think (as I mentioned in an earlier
post) that I think the emotional power of LE is equivalent to The Dreaming.
I love Suzanne Vega, but for different reasons.  Her emotions are more
understated and internalized.

>   It disturbs me greatly that some KateFans are willing to blow off Tori
>compleatly, as nothing more than a Kate Clone.  (Witness a recent issue

Tori is hardly a Kate clone.  They are both very talented female vocalists
who play keyboard/piano, write their own songs, and make musicians and
non-musicians of taste shiver with delight.  Apart from that their music is
as different as night and day...
	...which makes me wonder why we're focussing on comparing them.  My
original post was *intended* (although I think I may have worded it badly)
to explain that I love Kate but I love Tori too, and who else does, and why?
Remembering what I wrote, I think I may have fallen into the "who's better?"
trap as well.

Drewcifer
** Andrew David Simchik, registered Scorpio ************* SCHNOPIA! *******
as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu