Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate, Tori, et al

From: Patrick McKinnion <patrickm@netlink.cts.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 92 12:03:44 PST
Subject: Kate, Tori, et al
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

   Okay, I'm kinda new here, but I'll jump in
   I am a VERY big KateFan.   I am also a ToriFan, and a
Suzanne(Vega)Fan, and of of the three, I think that Tori is closer to
Suzanne, at least in sheer intensity of emotion expressed.
   It disturbs me greatly that some KateFans are willing to blow off Tori
compleatly, as nothing more than a Kate Clone.  (Witness a recent issue
of Homeground.)    Even if she was a clone, (which I don't think she is),
does that mean the content and emotional quality of her music is lost, or
invalid ??   Of course not !!    To quote my Violin teacher, "The aim of
music is, like poetry, to bring another into your emotions."

   On a compleatly different tack, can anyone give me a address of a U.S.
Kate Bush newsletter, that will, at least respond to my requests ??
Three letters to WATCHING STORMS have not been responded to, and I've
just about had it.

   PS - The Tori Amos critisim appeared in issue 44 of Homeground, (page
4)

   All for now, take care;
                        PatrickM@netlink.cts.com
                            "I'm Cloudbursting Daddy"