Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori--What do you really think?

From: buckmr@rpi.edu (Ron Buckmire)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1992 01:00:27 GMT
Subject: Re: Tori--What do you really think?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Angelos Kyrlidis) writes:

>In article <1992Dec10.010136.15470@galileo.cc.rochester.edu> as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik) writes:
>>Granted, Kate has a certain literary merit, but Tori's music is equally
>>fascinating, just quite different.  And *nobody* does covers like she does.

>Have you listened to Diamanda Galas' _The Singer_? Both Tori and Sinead should,
>IMHO before they attempt anything like that again. Not that I don't like their
>covers....

What ABOUT _The Singer_? It was okay [my boyfriend liked it, I hated it. I let
him keep it].

I do think Tori is as talented as Kate but I prefer Kate. Actually recently I
have preferred Sarah McLachlan [and she has TWO albums! :-P] to both of them.

--
RON BUCKMIRE, 11 Colvin Circle, Troy, NY 12180-3735.  ***Clinton-Gore '92***
uunet!rpi.edu!buckmr||buckmr@rpitsmts.bitnet||buckmr@rpi.edu||+1 518 276 8910