Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Other KaTe comic books!

From: Sean Donovan <donovan@titan.ucc.umass.EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1992 21:21:19 GMT
Subject: Other KaTe comic books!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: "donovan@titan.ucc.umass.edu" <Sean.Donovan@nic.umass.EDU>

Saw the posting re: the KaTe comic from Rock-n-Roll comics.  Thought you all
might find this interesting...
About a month ago I was at a comic book show.  While looking through some
miscellania, I found 2 issues of a 3 issue limited series called "Media Starr"
put out by, I believe, Innovation Comica (I'll check this).  What caught my
attention is that the covers were blatant ripoffs of Kate album covers!  The 2
I picked up (of course I bought them!) rip off The Dreaming and The Whole Story
right down to a likeness of Kate in the same pose as the album cover!  I have
been unable to find the third book of the series.  The story itself seems dumb-
nothing at all to do with Kate, something about a reporter on the run or
something.  I know a few years ago Marvel got their asses sued off for using a
likeness of Amy Grant on a cover of Dr. Strange.  This is even more blatant
than the Marvel cover - its exact down to fairly minute details.  The books
themselves are almost worthless right now (in the 2 for $1 box), but they're
interesting should you happen to be a fan.  Just thought you'd like to know!

	-Sean.

  Sean Donovan               donovan@titan.ucc.umass.edu
  Department of Psychology
  University of Massachusetts