Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Other KaTe comic books!

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 92 00:45 CST
Subject: Re: Other KaTe comic books!
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <BywrBK.4KF@nic.umass.edu> wrote:
>Saw the posting re: the KaTe comic from Rock-n-Roll comics.  Thought you all
>might find this interesting...
>About a month ago I was at a comic book show.  While looking through some
>miscellania, I found 2 issues of a 3 issue limited series called "Media Starr"
>put out by, I believe, Innovation Comica (I'll check this).  What caught my
>attention is that the covers were blatant ripoffs of Kate album covers!  The 2
>I picked up (of course I bought them!) rip off The Dreaming and The Whole Story
>right down to a likeness of Kate in the same pose as the album cover!  I have

   Frankly I hadn't opened my copies (#3 was still sealed in plastic)
but they are a nice Kate-oddity. They are in the "odd stuff" box with
the, oh, _Jade Fashions_ "song" _Babbittry Prevision_;

     Dreaming of Kate Bush - Dreaming
     It's pulling at you - Dreaming
     The Goddess, The God - Dreaming

    ...Lord what a dreadful record. It's one for Hell's Jukebox.

                             Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                             chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu