Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: My 2 cents worth

From: "N. Richard Caldwell" <nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 07 Dec 1992 01:35:35 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: My 2 cents worth
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca,
  in article <9212042339.AA19468@hivnet.ubc.ca> writes:
> Hi everyone!
>
> While it's not my absolute favorite song on TSW, I just wanted to put in
> a good word for Never Be Mine.  The imagery is superb and the cry:  "This
> is what I want..." I think rings true for anyone who has ever longed for
> anything.

I'll second that.  The latter-day Delius drum programming bugs me a bit but
this is one of the most successful songs on TSW for me.  To me, it does a
much better job of creating an atmosphere and relating a feeling than some
of the more common favorites from TSW.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  nrc@bsbbs.Columbus.OH.US