Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What a day that was

From: "N. Richard Caldwell" <nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 07 Dec 1992 01:54:26 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: What a day that was
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

"gmcdonald@zdi.ziff.com"@zcias1.ziff.com,
  in article <01GRVJHMLB9S000OF5@zcias1.ziff.com> writes:

> In article <1f1a8uINNe1e@smurf.sti.com> Steve Berlin, stev0@sti.com
> writes:
> >
> >Anyway, does anyone know the exact (more or less) U.S. release date
> >of "Little Earthquakes"?

I believe it was February 25th.

> have the exact same dilemma you're facing, as _Little Earthquakes_ is far
> and away my favorite of the year, but its printed copyright date is 1991.
>  After a great deal of thought, I have decided to grant it 1992
> eligibility for these reasons:

_Little Earthquakes_ was * definitely* a '92 release in the U.S. so you
can include it in your list with a clear conscience.  The U.K. release is
not so clear cut.  It was around the last week of '91 or the first week of
'92.
The first post on rec.music.gaffa about LE was January 6th and it sounded
like it was very close to the release date.  Perhaps our U.K. friends can
help.  (I'm sending a copy of this to RDT so RDT readers can follow-up
there.)

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  nrc@bsbbs.Columbus.OH.US