Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe Bush Comic!!!!!

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 92 05:18 CST
Subject: Re: KaTe Bush Comic!!!!!
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Gord Locke posted:
>	This just in ...
>	According to a comics trade publication ("What's New"),
>Revolutionary Comics will be putting out an issue of their "Rock `n'
>Roll" book featuring ... our very own Kate!!  It will ship to comic
>stores in February.  The comic is an "Unauthorised and proud of it!"
>series of biographies of famous musicians / groups.
>
>	Here's the blurb in full:
>
>	ROCK `N' ROLL COMICS #58
>	KATE BUSH .......................... $2.50 Amer. / $3.00 Cdn.

  Finally! I had been keeping an eye on the "Personality" series, and
it seemed like every woman in popular music had been the subject except
Kate. Kate has been on the cover of a comic before; Issues #1 & #3 of
a 3 part series from Innovation Publishing called "Media Starr.

  The contents have nothing to do with Kate, but the paintings are nice.
The cover paintings are by Scott Rockwell, and the contents are by
Dennis Duarte, Allen Curtis, John Statema and Tom Vincent.

  A friend of ours was an avid comic collector, and had one of two
books with Kate graffiti on the walls in various scenes. Maybe there
is a Kate fan or two doing lettering.

   BTW, did John Howard ever go anywhere? He was a old correspondent
of ours, and an pretty good comic artist, (although his renditions of
Kate had an unfortunate tendency to look like she was cast out of
concrete.)

                               Chris Williams
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu
                            or katefans@chinet.chi.il.us