Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe Bush Comic!!!!!

From: Gord Locke <glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 92 23:11:47 GMT-3:30
Subject: KaTe Bush Comic!!!!!
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (the rec.music.gaffa address)

	This just in ...
	According to a comics trade publication ("What's New"),
Revolutionary Comics will be putting out an issue of their "Rock `n'
Roll" book featuring ... our very own Kate!!  It will ship to comic
stores in February.  The comic is an "Unauthorised and proud of it!"
series of biographies of famous musicians / groups.

	Here's the blurb in full:

	ROCK `N' ROLL COMICS #58
	KATE BUSH .......................... $2.50 Amer. / $3.00 Cdn.

	(by Jay Allen Sanford / Marshall Ross & April Lee)
	The fairy princess of rock and an enduring cult favorite.
Little seemed to be known about the ethereal singer's life until
Revolutionary got on the case.  Six months in the making, meticulously
researched and beautifully illustrated, this one promises to be a
perennial seller.  RANDOM COPIES SIGNED BY WRITER AND ARTISTS.

	I picked up the issues with Rush and R.E.M. in the past, and
they were pretty good.  The art, however, was probably below average.
Myself and fellow KaTe FanaTiK, comic artist wanna-be, and friend, JaKe
used to speculate about the possibility of them doing a Kate effort.  We
agreed that it would have to be, to say the least, done well.  Excellent
art, and well-documented history are a must.  If the above blurb is to
be believed, it sounds like they took the task seriously -- perhaps
aware of the fans' blood-lust that would come down on them if they did
anything less than a perfect job.  :-)
	If you don't live near a comic specialty shop, the comic does
ship to newsstands / drugstores / supermarkets and the like (usually a
month after the shops), and you can probably order it directly from them.
Sometime (probably Monday), I'll post their snail-mailing address.
	Needless to say, I will be getting _several_ copies of this!
--
    Gord Locke, a.k.a.    |  We're here,  | "There is thunder | REDUCE,
 glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca | We're 'geers, |   in our hearts"  | RE-USE,