Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Innocence Mission

From: mus0eka@cabell.vcu.edu (Everette K. Abbott)
Date: 6 Dec 1992 10:11:29 -0600
Subject: Innocence Mission
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: daemon@cs.utexas.edu

I'm taking another poll this year. So if you didn't like the results LAST
year, it's time to put in your vote.

The Innocence Mission has two LP's and tons of NON-LP stuff. 4 separate
polls will be taken. One for the debut, one for Umbrella, one for the
Non-LP material and one for OVERALL.

THe way to cast your ballot is arrange all of the songs you've ever heard
them play in the order you like the most.

100 points will be given to the #1 pick and 99 for the 2nd, and so on.
The overall list will look like this basically. Then i'll separate the
songs from each LP and if there are any non-lp selections I'll put them
by themselves.

Really simple.

Anyhow...Either post your picks on Gaffa...or go ahead and send them to
me on the IM emailing list at: mus0eka@cabell.vcu.edu

Thanks
keith

p.s. here's last years results.

Innocence Mission TOP 10 LISTS!

Voting: Each person submits a Top 10 List of Overall songs comprised
        from both LPs. The #1 song receives 10 points. the #2 song
        receives 9 points, etc..for scoring on the OVERALL List. The
        Innocence Mission and Umbrella Lists are scored by their
        location. So if perhaps "And Hiding Away" is #3 on the overall
        list, but #1 on Umbrella, then it scores 10 points on the
        Umbrella List. When ties occur, the one with the MOST votes
        wins (ex. 28.5 had "5" voters vote for that song, and 28.4 had
        "4" voters vote for that song).

        You may CHANGE your LIST at anytime. Just submit it to me.

LIST for December 26, 1991

Overall
=======
1. And Hiding Away                   =34
2. Wonder of Birds                   =31
3. Surreal                           =28.5
4. Medjugorje                        =28.4
5. I Remember Me                     =25
6. Come Around And See Me            =24.5
7. Beginning The World               =24.4
8. Mercy                             =20
9. Every Hour Here                   =19
10. You Chase The Light               =18

Innocence Mission
=================
1. Medjugorje                        =35
2. Wonder of Birds                   =33.5
3. Surreal                           =33.4
4. (tie) I Remember Me               =31.5
         You Chase The Light
         Come Around And See Me
5. Mercy                             =23
6. Broken Circle                     =21
7. Curious                           =11
8. (tie) Black Sheep Wall            =10.2
         Paper Dolls
9. Notebook                          =6
10. Clear To You                     =5

Umbrella
========
1. And Hiding Away                   =47
2. Beginning The World               =36
3. Every Hour Here                   =29
4. Umbrella                          =27
5. My Waltzing Days Are Over         =16
6. Someday Coming                    =15
7. Sorry and Glad Together           =14
8. Revolving Man                     =10
9. Now In This Hush                  =8
10. *** VACANT ***