Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Houdini

From: Soaf1!wb3ffv!aplcen!jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu!pablo@uunet.UU.NET (Pablo A Iglesias)
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1992 19:37:05 -0500
Subject: Houdini
To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: Pablo A Iglesias <Soaf1!wb3ffv!aplcen!jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu!pablo@uunet.UU.NET>

This being one of my favourite KaTe songs, something
has always bothered me.  Who is/was Rosabel?  Before
you all jump out and say Mrs. Houdini, I know for a
fact that Mrs. Houdini's name was Bess. (OK, Elizabeth)

BTW, I was talking to my brother about this song,
He is not a KaTe fan, but is an amateur magician and
a member of IBM (international Brotherhood of Magicians)
It turns out that KaTe's idea that the key for Houdini's
stunts is probably erroneous.  (I am talking about passing
the key with a kiss) It was a theory that was
once held, but has been pretty well refuted by now.

Pablo
pi@jhjunix.hcf.jhu.edu

--
Pablo