Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"That's how you stop it"

From: toc@digitalk.com (Tim O'Connor)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1992 9:04:37 PST
Subject: "That's how you stop it"
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (Love Hounds)

REGARDING                "That's how you stop it"
people:

My turn to ask one of those niddly "What did she say?" questions.

See, I finally replaced the old grody speakers in my car with older less
grody speakers and what a difference that made! I was listening to the
Dreamtime B-side this morning (on the excellent obsKuriTies tape passed
around this group years'n'years ago by someone whose name now resides on my
9-track tape unix archives but (if he's still around) I would like to thank
profusely for hours'n'hours of listening pleasure!) and noticed something I
had not noticed before. At the very end of the piece, right after the
didgeridoo (or however it's spelled) part a male voice says something like
"That's how you stop it".

Note that this is different from the bit of bushman speak at the end of song
version on The Dreaming. It sounds awfully like English to me (but the brain
is such a marvelous language processor that that could be an illusion of the
synapses). I also don't expect this to be some sort of secret message but
rather a bit of unintentional talk caught during the recording.

Now I know I'm using too much bandwidth for such a little request but at
least it's 100% Kate Bush related so I know nobody out there will be
offended in the least (tho' |>oug may be a little disappointed :-).

just me,
to'c

--
"A typical long haired half mad computer programmer on a typical computer
keyboard with odd toys scattered liberally about."