Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: sarah mclachlan releases

From: neilg@sfu.ca (Neil K. Guy)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1992 16:34:34 GMT
Subject: Re: sarah mclachlan releases
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sfu.ca

"l.l. cool bean" <REWOICC%ERENJ.BITNET@pucc.Princeton.EDU> writes:

>w2-3063   into the fire/sad clown (cbc)/black (cbc) (the two cbc songs
>          are acoustic and orchestrated and are taken from a live cbc
>          performance on brave new waves)

 Anyone else disappointed by the arrangements on the latter two
tracks? I was kind of interested when I heard of them - string
arrangements and such. But they're not particularly original, IMHO.
Especially "Black" which lacks the bass part of "...if I cried me a
river...".

 Also, MuchMusic (Canadian video station) showed "Steaming"
last night. First time I'd seen it, although it's definitely old news.
Kind of interesting. Unlike her first video for "Vox" which was
girlish and blah, this one had her singing in a very sexually
aggressive sort of way. And the last 30 seconds had a definite
gay/lesbian subtext, which was interesting. Particularly since a
friend of mine, who's up on the local (Vancouver) music scene, claims
she came out a while back. I knew someone whose brother dated
McLachlan when she was a lass in Halifax. I wonder if he knows about
this...

 - Neil K. (n_k_guy@sfu.ca)

 ObKate: Um, er....