Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: German Lyrics, continued

From: Sven Doerr <sd@ira.uka.de>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1992 09:09:06 +0100
Subject: Re: German Lyrics, continued
To: rec-music-gaffa@smurf.sub.org
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: newsadm@ira.uka.de

In article <9209291244.AA02813@kino.intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de>,
uli@intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de (Ulrich Grepel) writes:
> Hi Sven (and all others),
>
> I don't hear something like Schnitzel in Coffe Homeground, for me
> it is more like "Es schmeckt wunderbar" (it tastes wonderful),
> but I'm not too sure about that. I will search for the Steak when
> I come back home... But there's another German line in CH:
> "Noch ein Glass, mein Liebling?" (Another glass, my darling?).

Thank you, Uli, for "Noch ein Glass, mein Liebling?". At the
"Schnitzel" I can hear both your and my version, as I want to
hear... Perhaps yours fits even a bit closer. But what shall I do
with the "Steak" ? Kates distorted (& supposed) german really allows
some interpretations, but maybe my tape isn't good enough to decide for
something with certainity. maybe you will have good suggestions ?

> Re: Hello Earth
>
> I don't hear "Ihr koennt es nie finden" at the end.
> I rather think that would be "Go to sleep, little earth", so you
> should delete that line - and its translation - from the lyrics.
> (The other one was ok). Or are there actually any lyrics between
> "Irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht" and "Go to sleep, little
> earth"? I can't hear any!

I admit, "Go to sleep, little earth" at the very end of HE seems to be
closer to it than my interpretation as said decaying german words,
even though, as above, I still can hear the apparently german version,
if I want.
It's nice to find other people verify and improve mere opinions, as part
of it seems to have turned out to be.  (I'm becoming cautious - hm?)

--
| Sven Doerr || sd@ira.uka.de |