Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Additions to the Illustrated Collectors Guide to Kate Bush

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 92 13:45:36 +0100
Subject: Additions to the Illustrated Collectors Guide to Kate Bush
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi all,

recently I asked about a list of all (known) Kateollectibles. Almost no
response was availlable. So now I will make a start. That is a start after
some basic ground. Since yesterday my 'Illustrated Collector's Guide To KB'
arrived and since this is a pretty good source I will only give my additions
to the ICGtKB: (about 90 items!)

- the book itself - surely, 'The Illustrated Collector's Guide to Kate Bush'
  is a colecitble by itself.
- Rocket Man / Candle In The Wind / CITW instr.:
  - Collector's Edition:
    U.K. Digi-Pak CD single and an 8x10 Portrait Lithograph, signed and
    numbered by the Artist (mine is 617/2000).
    This one comes in a 8+x10+ card fold, the litho is printed on this cover
    too, it is a very nice drawing of Kate's head.
    The digi-pak in the collector's edition unfolds in a different way than
    the digi-pak of the CD single that I've got. Even the pictures are
    ordered in another way and the CD looks different. C.E: black with silver
    printing. 'Normal': violet with white printing. The 'normal' one is made
    in Germany, the C.E. one in UK.
  - German CD single:
    see above, the order number is 866 311-2
  - US Promo CD (Rocket Man only):
    This CD is labeled read-on-white and obviously a promo item of the
    John/Taupin album. My CD came in a thin jewel pack without cover, a
    big sticker with 'promotion copy - not for sale' (black on white) is
    stuck directly on the CD (ugh!). Unfortunately this sticker covers the
    order number of that CD. It is manufactured by Polygram/Polidor.
  - Australian Cassingle (Rocket Man / CITW:
    This cassingle (866 310-4) plays both tracks on both sides. Thanks to
    Katrina for the tape!
- A Lioness At Heart
  I think we all know (of) it by now. There is a numbered (ltd. to 1000), a
  limited (to 2500 or so) and a third edition. The limited ones come with
  T-Shirt, all of them come with Lionheart CD, colorful photobook, postcard
  and a beautiful 12" hard cover.
- Running Up That Hill (12" maxi single, usual contents):
  EMI Electrola 1C K 060 - 20 0758 6 (Germany)
- Cloudbusting (12" maxi single, usual contents):
  EMI K 060 - 20 0898 6 (Holland)
  This one has a slightly different cover - There's a white frame around the
  (usual) picture, both on front and back side. It's sleeve is much thicker
  card paper than the UK issue and it is open on the top side, not on the
  right side.
- Hounds Of Love (12" maxi single, usual contents):
  EMI Electrola 1C K 060 - 20 1056 6 (Germany)
- The Big Sky (Single Mix) - 12" promo SPRO9701, US, both sides are the same,
  33 1/3 rpm.
- The Big Sky (12" maxi single, usual contents):
  EMI Electrola 1C K 060 - 20 1209 6 (Germany)
  The german TBS maxi single has a "printed sticker" on it, saying
  "Maxi-Single, 45 RMP"
- The Big Sky (same as above, except: The A-side label is blank - only the
  red circle of general copyright restrictions is there)
- (just a correction)
  Experiment IV (12" maxi single, usual contents):
  EMI K060 is not a very good description - you could say "it is a maxi single
  from EMI" and there would be no further information. It's complete order
  number is K 060 - 20 1545 6. Mine is made in Holland, the French order number
  is also printed on the cover (PM 212 - 20 1545 6). The vinyl itself only
  gives away that it is made in the EEC...
- The Sensual World (12" maxi single, usual contents):
  My UK version of this has the double groove on side A without being a promo
  version. Usual number EMI 12EM 102.
- Interview disc:
  Kate Bush - Just Saying It ... Could Even Make It Happen
  Made in England - Cloud Bus 10
  This one is especially well designed - it is a 12" vinyl picture disc that
  actually has a picture cover - so there are 4 different, big color pictures
  with that one.
- The Secret Policeman's Third Ball (vinyl LP, usual contents):
  208 608-630 (Virgin, Germany)
- The Secret Policeman's Third Ball (cassette):
  408 608-630 (Virgin, Germany?)
- (just a correction):
  AMIGA - this could not be the title of the album, because AMIGA is the
  usual label of East German LPs. You wouldn't call the Mini EP Kate by
  'Kate Bush - EMI America' (or Canada...;-). I don't think it is a pirate.
- Peter Gabriel - Cv video discs:
  I have this one on a 12" PAL CDV and have seen it on an 8" PAL CDV.
  (unfortunately I have no CDV player...) This CDV is made in UK for (at least)
  Germany (it is labeled partially in German). It's order number is 080 512 1.
- Kate Bush - The Whole Story video disc:
  I have this one on a 12" PAL CDV. It is made in UK for Europe (partially
  labeled in English, German, French and (?) Spanish). It's order number
  is 080 504 1.
- The Kick Inside (Canadian vinyl LP):
  mine has another order number: SW-11761 (as US release) but the same cover.
  Is it a re-release?
- The Kick Inside (German vinyl LP):
  There is a re-release with a 'Fame - special price'-sticker on it. It has
  a different order number (1C 038 - 15 7656) and a very poor dust protection
  paper insert - there are 'ads' for other LPs by other artists on the Fame
  'label'.
- The Kick Inside (German vinyl LP);
  I don't believe the 'Including Hit-Single "Wuthering Heights"'-sticked LP
  is the original German edition - I have one without that printed "sticker".
  (same order number).
- Lionheart (French vinyl LP from Sonopresse):
  Mine has a different order number: 2S 068 06859
- Lionheart (German vinyl LP):
  Again, there is a 'Fame'-version of it: 1C 038 - 1575471
- Lionheart (German vinyl LP):
  And there is the non-Fame version, and it is not the half-speed-mastered one
  (1C 064-06 859)
- Hounds of Love (vinyl LP, Holland):
  nothing special, 062 - 24 0 3841
- Hounds of Love (UK vinyl LP):
  I have one with a 'double cover': Both cover halves are there twice, sticked
  together.
- The Whole Story (UK vinyl LP):
  Mine has a sticker: "KBTV 1 - Includes her greatest hits: WH (new voc), RUTH,
  Baboo., TMWTCIHE and the new single Exp. IV".
- The Sensual World (German vinyl LP):
  Order number: 064 - 7 93078 1
- Never For Ever (German vinyl LP):
  Order number: 1C - 064-07 339
- The Dreaming (German vinyl LP):
  Order number: 1C 064-64 589
- Hounds of Love (German vinyl LP):
  Order number: 1C 062 - 24 0384 1
  This one has a printed "sticker": "Incl. Single-Hits: RUTH, Cl-B., HoL,
  Big Sky" (The 'The' before 'Big Sky" is really missing!)
- The Whole Story (German vinyl LP):
  Order number: 1C 062 - 26 1201 1
- Let It Be (Ferry Aid 7" vinyl single):
  There is a Dutch one: CBS 650796 7 (AID 1)
- Ne T'Enfuis Pas - Un Baiser D'Enfant (French 7" vinyl single):
  This one is NOT only availlable as part of the UK single file box - I have
  a French single with that song combination (5099 1 65152 7)
- Running Up That Hill - Under The Ivy (German 7" vinyl single):
  order number: 1C 006 - 20 0757 7
- Running Up That Hill - Under The Ivy (UK promo 7" vinyl single)
  This one is in a gatefold sleve and has two further pictures. KB1. I don't
  know if the status as a 'promo' actually holds since it is only printed on
  the seller's stickers, not on the sleeve or the disc itself.
- Cloudbusting - Burning Bridge (German 7" single)
  Order number: 009 - 20 0899 7
- Experiment IV - Wuthering Heights (new vocal) (German 7" single)
  Order number: 1C 006 - 20 1533 7
- Love And Anger - Ken (German 7" single)
  This one is also available as a German gatefold single with 4 page booklet
  in the middle (a few pictures). Same order number as the UK one: EMG 134.
- Love And Anger - Ken (UK 7" single)
  and this one exists without a gatefold sleeve: EM 134
- Interview Discs:
  - The 7" Colour pic disc "Bush 7P" on p. 82 of the ill. coll. guide is
    also availlable as a white label test pressing with the pictures on
    a loose sleeve (only folded, not sticked)
  - There is another 7" interview pic disc named "KB 3" with two b/w photos
- Cassettes:
  All albums (incl. the Canadian Mini-EP) are availlable on cassettes.
  The Kidk Inside in (at least) the following versions:
  - German: 1C238-1576564 (UK album cover picture)
  - Canada: E4 46012 (Canadian album cover picture)
  - US (?): E4 46012 (US album cover picture)
  Lionheart:
  - Canada: E4 46065
  Never for Ever:
  - Canada: E4 46360
  The Dreaming:
  - US (?): E4 46361 (White frame around picture)
  - France: 238 7463614 (Pink frame around picture)
  Kate Bush (Mini EP):
  - Canada: 4LP 19004 (all 6 titles)
  Hounds of Love:
  - German: 262 24 0384 (yellow shell, no white frame around pink picture,
    includes RUTH extended version)
  The Whole Story
  - Canada: E4 46414 (large foldout booklet with most of the album information)
  - US: E4 46414 (without the foldout booklet)
  The Sensual World
  - Canada: C4 93078 (large foldout with all lyrics/credits from album)
- Kate Bush "The Best" - Polish cassette:
  This (propably pirate) cassette has the NfE cover, streched to fit better
  onto the cassette cover, and contains: S1: TSW, Deep. Und., Heads., Between a
  man..., Never be Mine, This WW, The Fog. S2: Babooshka, Delius, All we ever
  look for, Night scented..., Army Dr., Egypt, Blow away, Violon [their typo],
  The Wedding List.
- This Woman's Work (European 3" maxi CD)
  Order number: 552 - 20 3612 3
- Love And Anger (German 5" maxi CD)
  Order number: 560 - 2037532
- Kate Bush - Feel It Live (Italian Hammersmith bootleg CD)
  Order number: LLRCD 092
- Kate Bush & Peter Gabriel - Angels On Earth (Italian Xmas special bootleg CD)
  Order number: TGP 139
- Peter Gabriel - Big Time (UK CD maxi single)
  This one (Virgin/Charisma GAIL3 12) contains 'No Self Control'. It comes
  in a gatefold cardsleeve
- The Kick Inside (US CD)
  Mine is from EMI Manhattan, order number CDP 7 46012 2 / DIDX 1101
- Utah Saints - Something Good (German CD maxi single)
  order number: ffrr 869 733-2. UK order number: FCD 187
  (They also have a long play CD)
- Never for Ever (US CD)
  Mine is from EMI Manhattan, order number CDP 7 46360 2 / DIDX 1102
- Hounds of Love (US CD)
  Mine is from EMI America, order number CDP 7 46164 2 / DIDX 1100
  Interesting about this one is that the text 'Kate Bush' and 'Hounds of Love'
  on the cover is not centered above/below the picture, but it is on top right/
  bottom left. The text on the side of the jewel pack is big letters in
  a Helvetica-like style, blueish-green 'Kate Bush', pink 'HoL', blueish-green
  'Emi America/CDP 746164'.
- The Whole Story (US CDs)
  One is from EMI USA, the other from EMI America. The American one has the
  additional order number DIDX 1099, both have CDP 7-46414-2. The side of
  the jewel box shows 'KB' and 'TWS' in the same colors as the above HoL,
  but the American one has 'EMI AMERICA CDP...' in blueish-green, the US one
  has 'EMI CDP...' in black on it. The CDs themselves do not differ, they are
  both from EMI America.
- The Sensual World (Austrian CD)
  pretty normal, order number CDP 7930 7 82
- Go West - Dancing on the Couch (German CD)
  this album is availlable on CD: Chrysalis/Ariola 258 346-222
- Big Country - The Seer (German CD)
  this album is availlable on CD: Phonogram 826 844-2
  The CD itself is a picture CD. It shows the eagle of the cover in a two
  color print in addition to the normal text labeling
- She's Having A Baby (Austrian CD)
  this album is availlable on CD: I.R.S. ILP 460806 2 / CB 811
- Roy Harper - Once (German CD)
  Order number: Line Records LICD 9.00892 O
- Peter Gabriel - Shaking the tree (French? CD)
  This sampler contains 'don't give up' and 'games without frontiers', it
  is a Sonopresse (therefore French?) Cd, order no. PGTVD 6 / 261-178 / PM 610
- the AWARDS 1990 (UK? double CD)
  this sampler contains TSW. Order number: Telstar TCD 2386. Also availlable
  on: double album - STAR 2386 and double cassette - STAC 2386
- Pat Benatar - Crimes of Passion (German CD)
  it contains the Wuthering Heights cover. Also availlable on vinyl LP.
  Order number: Chrysalis 610 312
- blue pearl - naked (German CD)
  it contains the RUTH cover. Order number: Big Life 847 405-2 / BLR CD4
- The Secret Policeman's Third Ball (UK? VHS PAL video tape)
  it contains the live RUTH with Dave Gilmour. Order number: Virgin VVD 270
- The Decate of Music Video - Eighties - 7 - Vide Stars of 1987 (UK? VHS PAL)
  contains the Ferry Aid - Let It Be video. Order number: Wienerworld WNR 1087
- Peter Gabriel - Cv (UK? VHS PAL)
  contains 2 versions of 'don't give up'. Order number: Virgin VVD 241
- The Sensual World - The Video (Euro (labeled English/German/French) VHS PAL)
  contains the 3 videos plus the complete 25 minute VH-1 interview special.
  Order number: MVP 991 2533
- The Whole Story (UK VHS PAL)
  Order number: CMV 1059
- The Hair of the Hound (German VHS PAL)
  Order number: CMVG 5019
- The Single File (German? VHS PAL)
  Order number: MVP 99 1031 2
- Live at Hammersmith Odeon (German? VHS PAL)
  Order number: CMV 1057
- Hounds of Love (UK CD)
  This one comes in a wooden box (mahogany?) with a golden metal lable on
  top of it. Otherwise normal, no special order number.
- The Whole Story (UK CD)
  same wooden box as above
- A Prince fan I know states that there exists ONE vinyl album with Prince
  on one side and Kate on the other. It is in the hands of another, very welthy
  Prince fan. Perhaps this thingy is the source for the 'collaboration'-rumours
- Hounds of Love - music and lyric book
  Mine has another picture on the cover than the one in the Ill. Coll. Guide.
  It is the inner HoL picture. (on the back side it's the RUTH single cover)
- Kate Bush (IMP)
  Like the one on page 137 (bottom left) of the ICG, but black border instead
  of white and more complete notes (3 bars instead of one).
- The Sensual World - Kate Bush (EMI Music Publishing Ltd)
  Music (unfortunately 1 bar only) and lyrics to all songs of TSW, the cover
  is the LP cover including its KT-symbol...
- Paul Kerton - Kate Bush (German version of the Paul Kerton biography)
  Die britische Rock-Sensation der 80er Jahre!
  Mit zahlreichen Farb- und Schwarz-weiss-Fotos und kompletter Discographie
  Bastei Luebbe 60 050, ISBN 3-404-60050-9, published in 1981
- of course there are lots of posters and postcards, I won't list them here...

That's all (I have/know and that's not in the ICG),

Uli