Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jazzed Up Kate?

From: thedens@alesi.cipl.uiowa.edu (Dan Thedens)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1992 01:09:57 GMT
Subject: Jazzed Up Kate?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@nexus.uiowa.edu (News)

While browsing the local CD shop today, I ran across a CD
by Sonny Sharrock (a heavy fusion guitarist).  The title
eludes me at the moment (High Flying or something), but
among the tracks listed was a song called "Kate",
subtitled "Variations on a Theme by Kate Bush".

Has anybody heard (of) this?  What "theme" might this
be?  Is Sonny a known KaTeFan?

If no one knows, I may be able to answer it myself, as
there's a good chance I'll go ahead and buy this.

Dan Thedens
(First Time Post)

"             " : John Cage, 4'33"