Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jazzed Up Kate?

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 92 23:52:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Jazzed Up Kate?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Dan Thedens, in his first post, writes:

>While browsing the local CD shop today, I ran across a CD
>by Sonny Sharrock (a heavy fusion guitarist).  The title
>eludes me at the moment (High Flying or something), but
>among the tracks listed was a song called "Kate",
>subtitled "Variations on a Theme by Kate Bush".

[the albums is actually called "High Life", I believe]

>Has anybody heard (of) this?  What "theme" might this
>be?  Is Sonny a known KaTeFan?

This seems to be a semi-FAQ these days.

The theme is from "Wuthering Heights."  To most people, it's not immediately
recognizable as such, but you should catch on by the end of the track.

Yes, it's been mentioned on rec.music.gaffa several times over the last
year or so.

It's a cool tune and worth checking out.  I don't know how the rest of the
album compares, as I only have the one track.

Welcome to love-hounds!

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|                                |  Time for you to / Be who you are."      |