Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

IG/C-Side and Bootlegs

From: lazlo%triton.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 92 06:45:27 GMT
Subject: IG/C-Side and Bootlegs
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin) writes:

> P.S.  I just sent in requests from info to IGG and C-Side.  Watch this
> space to see who wins the Stev0 Attitude Award.  The winner gets MY
> money. A tie is very possible, but not likely (note:  bootlegs make you
> lose big points).

If Bootlegs are "bad", C-Side loses *plenty* of points.  Their ad in the
September 4 _Goldmine_ is nine or ten column-inches of virtually nothing
*but* bootlegs (oh, excuse me -- "rare European live albums").  A quick
scan of IG's full-page ad in the same issue didn't reveal any obvious
boots -- they may be there, but IG doesn't seem to make a career out of it.

(By the way -- C-Side is trolling for live Tori Amos stuff in that ad, and
I don't have any reason to doubt that they'd slap a price sticker on it if
they got their hands on some.  Chris and Vickie's "moral-superiority"-
based support of C-Side over IG seems pretty poorly-grounded to me . . . I
don't care where you guys buy your stuff, but if you're going to make a
public case of it, I wish you'd make your arguments internally consistent.)

--
Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)

"Golly!"
	-- Katherine Hepburn to Jimmy Stewart, THE PHILADELPHIA STORY