Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Bush Single! (Really!)

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1992 04:12:07 GMT
Subject: New Bush Single! (Really!)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@sti.com

Well, it's SORT OF a Bush single... actually, it has generous samples
of Bush.  And I'm not talking about the Utah Saints "Something Good."

I'm not even talking about Kate.

I'm talking about that slimebag in the Oval Office.  A San Francisco
band, "A Thousand Points of Light" has a great new techno-dance song
called "Read My Lips".  I personally can not stand techno-dance
(My motto:  Disco STILL sucks!), but this is a great piece.  They took
various sound bites of George's, and re-edited them to make him say
what he means (eg, "We have to protect obsolete weapons systems - and
you pay the bill!")

And you thought all the musical Bushes were on THAT side of the pond.

- Stev0 the political, not polite

P.S.  I just sent in requests from info to IGG and C-Side.  Watch this
space to see who wins the Stev0 Attitude Award.  The winner gets MY money.
A tie is very possible, but not likely (note:  bootlegs make you lose
big points).

obTori:  "Tori Amos" is an anagram for "Air Smoot" (The new MIT sneaker)

--
Steve Berlin   | "There's some really bad stuff happening in pop music,
stev0@sti.com  |  isn't there?" - Kate Bush