Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe ate my goldfish

From: jan_b@lysator.liu.se (Jan Besehanic)
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1992 19:31:51 GMT
Subject: KaTe ate my goldfish
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@isy.liu.se (Lord of the News)

Hi there, all you happy KaTe (and Tori Amos) fans.

Just a simple question,
how good is KaTe with fanrelations?

Considering the fact that she hasn't actually done anything
for a while would she actually reply to a letter in person
or would you get a preprinted response saying something like
"Dear XXXX, do sod off" ?

The reason I'm asking this is because a friend of mine has sent
a letter to Kate and she sent it to an address somewhere in Kent
and since I'm a cynic by heart I told her that the address was
probably incorrect and that she should count herself as lucky
if she even got a preprinted response.
This made her somewhat upset and angry since she isn't as
cynical and twisted as I am.
Can anyone of the local KaTe gurus please enlighten me on
this?
The idea of KaTe being personal and friendly towards her
fans strikes me as out of character since she's made a career
out of being remote, distant and mysterious.
I would say that most of her songs have nothing to do with
her whatsoever and are probably just emotional smokescreens
in order to increase the confusion surrounding her persona.
All this is IMnsHbraO, of course.
Please not that I'm not a Kate Bush fanatic although
some of my friends are, but I have listened
(read: forced to listen) to most of her records
and I quite like her work so no flames, please.

Has anyone actually tried to get in touch with Kate?
I believe that I'm right and she doesn't think so,
so I ask you instead since the postal services in Sweden
stink and the response to the letter would probably
come in two years time or so, if ever.

Thanks in advance,
/Jan
--