Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

hounds of love

From: eric.walker@channel1.com (Eric Walker)
Date: 7 Sep 92 (08:30)
Subject: hounds of love
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

UG>>On HOL the sound bite ( sampled ? ) "It's in the trees ! It's coming!"
UG>>is taken from the film Curse of the Demon ( circa 56-58 U.S. title )
UG>>starring Dana Andrews.
UG>>Is this an old chestnut or a gem ???
UG>>/cbh

     Leonard Maltin's Movie and Video Guide is considered the definititve
     movie guide for many film buffs (available in most bookstores).
     Here's what it says about "Curse Of The Demon:"

     "Curse Of The Demon (1958-British) 83m. ***1/2 [out of a possible
     ****] Director: Jacques Tourneur.  Dana Andrews, Peggy Cummins,
     Niall MacGinnis, Maurice Denham, Athene Seyler.  Andrews is a
     stuffy cynical psychologist who doesn't believe that a series of
     deaths have been caused by an ancient curse, but film convinces
     audiences right off the bat and never lets up.  Charles Bennett
     and producer Hal E. Chester adaptated Montague R. James' story
     "Casting The Runes."  Exceptional shocker, originally called
     NIGHT OF THE DEMON, and running 95m. in British version.  Available
     on video."

     Sounds like something that Love-Hounds could put right next to
     "Wuthering Heights" on their list of Kate-related movies!
---
 ~ SLMR 2.1a ~ And through the wire I touch the power...
--
Channel 1 (R)   Cambridge, MA