Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KITE (re - songs never discussed)

From: andyy@vision.co.uk (Andy Yates)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1992 15:39:12 GMT
Subject: KITE (re - songs never discussed)
To: uknet!rec-music-gaffa@vision.co.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@vision.co.uk (News Admin)

I agree.

I seem to remember in an interview in Q magazine (sometime in 1989) there was
mention of Kite being written as an allusion to menstrual pain.  This also
focused Strange Phenomena as another song along the same lines.

It was repeated in a special edition of Q that HMV gave out in Britain.

I'll try and route it out and type it in at some point.

Andy
| Andrew Yates                            Visionware Technical Support.      |
|                                         57 Cardigan Lane,                  |
| email : andyy@visionware.co.uk          Leeds.                             |
|                                         LS4 2LE                            |
|                                         United Kingdom                     |
| Phone : +44 (0)532 788858               Fax : +44 (0)532 304676            |
| "One can forgive a man for creating something useful as long as he doesn't |
|  admire it.  The only reason for creating something useless is that one    |
|  admires it intensely.  All art is quite useless."- Oscar Wilde	     |