Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate spotting (Utah Saints)

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 92 1:44:19 CDT
Subject: Kate spotting (Utah Saints)
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (KateLand)

Chris here,

   Dave "My God, I really _am_ a twit" Kendall of "120 (practially
unbearable) Minutes" just played the video by _Utah Saints_ called
"Something Good" (a misnomer if I I ever heard one.)

    For those who haven't heard, Kate gave this group permission to use
a sample from "Cloudbusting" (Kate's song, not Ron's project.) A bit
of Kate singing "...I just know that something good.." is repeated over
and over, as the basis for an excerable excuse for a song. Permission
was also granted for use of several seconds of the "Cloudbusting" video,
although none of the footage of Donald Sutherland was used.

   The video was announced at the start of the show, but wasn't played
until the very end, forcing me to suffer through the entire show. Dave
"It's not alternative unless it's by men" Kendall neglected to mention
the Kate connection, the only reason to play this piece of dreck.

  Two saving graces:

   1: They _did_ ask.

   2: Well, at least it was better than Drukman's "Kate-rape" remixes.

                                Chris Williams of
                                   Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                                      katefans@chinet.chi.il.us