Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katemas and the Utah Saints..

From: bullroar@west.darkside.com (Mark Kraft)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1992 03:23:29 -0700
Subject: Katemas and the Utah Saints..
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
Comments: Artichoke King '92

Hello everyone! -
    Katemas in San Jose went well and I hope that everyone had a good
time!  I counted a total of 29 people over the course of the day, and
that's quite enough to convince me that there's still an interest to keep
a good thing going.. I'd like those that did go to send me e-mail and let
me know what you thought... and be honest.. I need criticism and
suggestions as to what you'd like to see next year!  The whole event here
was really last minute, so  despite whatever great, grand ideas I had for
making the event perfect that I didn't do, I'm quite content with myself
for doing quite a lot in a short period of time..

    It was great chatting with some of you who called us from other
Katemas parties. :)  I hope that next year, we get more of a chance to
exchange ideas  as to how we can effectively promote our events as one
package, thereby giving us more visibility, and have a good exchange of
creative ideas.  It would also be great to generate press releases so
that we can get extra attention and hopefully make enough noise that Kate
finally tours over here, or perhaps innundate Kate and her label with
postcards inviting her to America.. :)  There's a lot that we can do
together, I'm sure!

   My feed for gaffa is down right now... haven't read what's going on
out there for a  few weeks... I was watching 120 minutes on MTV tonight
though and saw soemthing interesting. A band called the Utah Saints
showed their new video "Something Good" , which is actually a dance song
made up from a sample of Kate "I know that something good is gonna
happen..."  and although I didn't really love it, I thought it was great
that they had plenty of the video for Cloudbusting in their video. It's a
scary thought that Kate usually gets more press out of being  in other
people's videos than her own... and in this case, it's shades of what
happenned with Suzanne Vega's "Mel's Diner"  .... Can we deal with a
whole country of people humming Kate???  Quite possibly, yes!