Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Rupert Hine

From: jamcdani@zia.ucs.indiana.edu ("jennifer mc daniel")
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1992 11:12:42 -0700
Subject: Re: Rupert Hine
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (USENET News System)

In article <9207291712.AA19038@relay1.UU.NET>  writes:
> >i just stumbled across a very interesting kate reference in an ancient
> >issue of Music Technology.  this is from the december 86 issue, page
> >33.  they're interviewing Rupert Hine who was a pretty successful
> >record producer of the day, having done stuff for Howard Jones, The
> >Fixx and Tina Turner.  he hasn't done a lot lately.
>
> Well, lately Rupert Hine has been doing a fine job of co-producing with
> Rush their last two albums.

Also, Hine has made some fairly interesting stuff on his own. I
know of two solo albums: _Pick Up a Bone_ and _The Wildest Wish
to Fly_. He also formed a band called Thinkman, whose album _The
Formula_ (with a great song on it called "Best Adventures") was
supposed to be the basis for a science fiction movie, but I don't
think it was ever made. His lyrics were written by Jeannette
Obstoj, whom we Fixx fans remember for "Secret Separation" and
"Woman on a Train."

    Jenni McDaniel, Indiana University, Department of Psychology
"All we ever look for: a god...a drug...a great big hug." -KaTe Bush
 Big ol' IU taking the opinions of one undergrad?!? Yeah, right....