Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Heard new Peter Gabriel tonight...

From: mailrus!gatech!mit-eddie!meshugge.media.mit.edu!dnb@uunet.uu.net (David N. Blank-Edelman)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1992 08:22:24 -0700
Subject: Re: Heard new Peter Gabriel tonight...
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: mailrus!gatech!mit-eddie!media.mit.edu!news@uunet.uu.net (USENET News System)

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes):
> Part of one song, anyway. I don't know the name of it, or if it is
> definitely going to be on the new album.
..
> In the program, this piece is credited to Karl Sims ("Produced by") if
> that name rings a bell with anyone.

I can help out on this one.  I work with someone from Thinking
Machines Corp who talked about this piece.  Karl Simms is a computer
graphics animator from TMC (he did a piece (whose name escapes me)
with growing vegetation scenes done on their massively parallel
computers which made the rounds in the animation festivals.)

The music is actually an outtake from the new album, which will *not*
appear on the new album.
         Peace,
             dNb

--

 David N. Blank-Edelman              o/    \  /    \ /     /      \o
 M.I.T. Media Laboratory            /#      ##o     #     o##      #\