Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and the Ravers

From: Declan Nolan <declann@sco.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1992 06:44:27 -0700
Subject: Kate and the Ravers
To: eddie.mit.edu!love-hounds@sco.COM

>Last Friday, our local newspaper's showbiz page had this little snippet:
>
>"Ravers/travellers Spiral Tribe have had a letter of support from Kate
>Bush over charges against them at the Castlemorton Common free festival
>antics"
>
>Does anybody know who Spiral Tribe are, what they were supposed to get
>up to at Castlemorton, and what this has got to do with KaTe?

Spiral Tribe is a loose organisation of mainly traveller/raver/newage
people who organise outdoor raves and gatherings all over the
country.  They've had quite a bit of press recently over the cat and
mouse game they've been playing with the police in organising raves
and festivals in secret locations.  The Castlemorton Free Festival was
a victory of sorts for them in that a large number of people attended
and the whole thing caught the local police unawares.  They've also
been involved (as far as I know) in attempting to organise a Summer
Solstice festival near Stonehenge but this was stopped by a huge
police presence.  I've no idea what the charges are against them or
why Kate would want to get involved.  Presumably its a freedom of
movement issue.

>PS. r.m.g is still down here.....

Here too !

>--
>Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science, / "Can I assume you're pissed out of
>University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,    /  your head on 'Big Sky', on the new
>Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.                  /  album?" - Peter Swales,
>electric mail: s.telford@ed.ac.uk        /  interviewing Kate Bush, 1985.

Declan
declann@sco.COM