Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy Rhodes

From: cole@lea.csc.ncsu.edu (Robert Cole)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1992 01:44:27 -0700
Subject: Re: Happy Rhodes
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ncsu.edu (USENET News System)

vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes) writes:

>There is a Happy Rhodes mailing list called ecto and any additional
>questions you have can go there. To subscribe, write to Jessica at:

>ecto-request@ns1.rutgers.edu        to post:  ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu

Is this a mailing list now or is it still a mail reflector like at the
start?

>They're $13.99 each. P&H for one CD is $2.00 and 35 cents for each
>additional CD.

I think you're giving out old ordering info.  In newsletter #3, it was
listed as $0.50 for each additonal CD.  Plus you didn't mention the
great T-shirt (also $13.99).  It's XL, so one size fits all.

>ps, if you're curious, she was born Kimberly Tyler Rhodes. Her brother
>started calling her "happy baby" because he couldn't pronounce Kimberly.
>It became her permanent nickname.

I must be slipping in my old age.  I could have sworn that I read that
Happy really was her name.  An unusual name to be sure, but the
coincidence factor involved in her brother "picking" a nickname that
when combined with her lastname creates something of a pun is even more
unusual.  That and the fact that she could be called KT Rhodes.  :)

Robert G. Cole