Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

misK.

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1992 08:40:50 -0700
Subject: misK.
To: love-hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

hey, y'all...  been a while since i have footahed much here on
gaffa/'hounds, but with the newsgroup reappearing and KaTemas coming
up, i thought i'd babble a bit...  ;)

				***

WFNX is boston's frustrating, snotty, and sometimes superb big budget
alternative station (an oxymoron?  you bet ;)  and "morning guy tai"
is the worst of the lot, when it comes to playing interesting music
(though, in all fairness, when we spoke to him at the sarah mclachlan
show, he said that since he has less flexibility than most djs, since
he has the big rush-hour show...)  ANYway, point is, he played "Love
and Anger" this morning, and made a big deal of mentioning KaTe, and
it definitely put me in a great mood ;)

				***

Robert Cole wonders:
> Is [Happy Rhodes list "Ecto"] a mailing list now or is it still a
> mail reflector like at the start?

jessica will happily supply you with digests or loose "reflected"
mail.  full archives are also available for anonymous ftp.  ecto is
without doubt the smoothest running mailing list i am on, and it
continues to be a great source of general information of alternative
music :)

				***

Robert also points out:
> That and the fact that she could be called KT Rhodes.

which brings to mind the fact jessica, woj, Meredith, and this footah
survived the first two rehearsals of the KaTemas band, aka the K.T.
Rhodes band, aka the H.T.  Bush band, aka the Microwave Generation,
aka utter chaos ;)  we are going to tape the performance at KaTemas
and send it to KaTe  :)  the big debate is:  will we hear from her
lawyers, or will she personally cross the atlantic to strangle us?

;)

				***

hi to The Zapper, who seems to have made it here okay :)  come to
KaTemas!

				***

*everyone* should come to KaTemas!!!  next saturday, cambridge MA --
write me for details!

or hold one yourself -- all it takes is an attitude!

				***

speaking of which, we will have limitted net access from the boston
KaTemas party -- log on and look for us!!  anyone with "ICB"
capability (ICB is a sort of internet party line) can look for us from
time to time at the alternative server at remus.rutgers.edu...
otherwise, mail us!  last year, the posts from australia were a, er,
highlight of our party ;)

				***

got the press kit i bought from Ed in the mail (i hope the check got
there, Ed!) -- got the lioness box in the mail the same day...

the word "wow" leaps to mind...

with any luck, one of us will get a chance to scan in the pix from the
lioness book in the next few weeks...  some of the are, well, did i
say "wow"?  and the press kit contained the KaTe-with-a-sensual-peach
picture!!! i have been looking for this for ages -- it has a certain
significance for me :) :) :)

				***

Ron Hill has safely arrived on the east coast!  a bit tired, perhaps,
and no doubt baffled by my strange living arrangements (i live in new
jersey and work in massachusetts for now)(!!), but he is now happily
searching the library of congress for more interviews to type in :)
finally, our tax $$$ going to a good cause :)

i've gotten a chance to page through a hardcopy version of Ron's book
"Cloudbusting" and it is truly extraordinary :)  no fluff, no gushing
fandom, just a lot of revealing info on an extraordinary musician :)

				***

hee, i guess that's all for now...

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
	"a woman drew her long black hair out tight
	 and fiddled whisper music on those strings
	 and bats with baby faces in the violet light
	 whistled, and beat their wings" -- T.S. Eliot