Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTemas in Kolumbus

From: nrc@cbemf.att.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 92 11:46:35 EDT
Subject: KaTemas in Kolumbus
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

		KATEMAS in KOLUMBUS

Katemas is approaching rapidly and I hope that gaffa's most
recent problems haven't put too much of a crimp in people's
Katemas plans.

As noted here before, Missy and I will be holding our First Annual
Katemas in Kolumbus Kook OuT and ParTy on Saturday, August 1,
1992.  We would be very pleased and honored to have any and all
Ohio (and midwestern) Kate fans attend.

The plan is simple: we char something on the grill, gulp it down
and then enjoy mind numbing quantities of Kate music, video and
miscellania.   We have more enough video (including laser)
and music keep us busy for most of the night but check with use if
have something you think we might not.

We're providing burgers, brats, chicken, munchies, Coke and Diet
Coke. If you'd like something else to eat or drink please bring
it along.  The party is officially beginning at 5PM and will
continue until the last person leaves.  The location is our
house on the south east side of Columbus, Ohio. Detailed
directions to the home of The Big Sky can be found below.  If
you're interested in attending, please let us know by email (or
feedback on The Big Sky) or call us at (614) 864-0340 so we can
reserve some space on the grill for you ..err.. your food.

GETTING HERE:

      -  Take the I270 bypass to the east side of Columbus

      -  Take I70 heading west into Columbus

      -  Take the first exit for Hamilton Rd. (aka Rt. 317)

      -  Turn left onto Hamilton Road heading south

      -  Follow Hamilton Road.  Just after you pass Eastland Mall
         on the right you will come to Refugee Road (immediately
         after the overpass).   Turn left on Refugee Road heading
         east.

      -  Just after the park on the left you'll come to Noe Bixby
         Rd  (there's a used car lot on the corner on the left next
	 to the park).   Turn left on Noe Bixby heading north.

      -  Just a block or two down Noe Bixby you'll pass a green
         Columbus city limits sign on the right.  The next street
         after that is Warminster.  Turn right on Warminster.

      -  The second street on the left is Stavely Court.  Turn
         left on Stavely.  We are at 2785 Stavely Court a the
	 beginning of the cul de sac on the left.  The house is
	 brick with green trim and black shutters.

Here is a crude map to add to your confusion.   Definitely not to
scale!

           |        I-70

         H |
         a |                                                O
         m |                                   N |         X|
 ^       i |                                   o |     |    | <-Stavely
 |N      l |                                   e |     |    |
         t |                                     |-------------
         o |                                   B | Warminster
         n |                                   i |
           |                                   x |
         R |                                   b |
         d |                                   y |
           |                                     |
-----------+-------------------------------------+----
           |   Refugee Rd.                       |

If you're coming from the west side of Columbus you could also just
take I-70 straight through town to Hamilton Road.  Just be sure to
head south on Hamilton Road.

If you become lost or in any way confused beyond your normal
mental state just stop and give us a call at 864-0340.  We'll
give better directions or send out a rescue mission.  If you're
travelling and need a place to stay we can offer the use of one
spare bed, a sofa, two large air matresses and a floor.

If you're in the Columbus area and just can't get transportation
let us know.  We can arrange something.  I'm sure there plenty
of Ohio Kate Fans lurking out there that we haven't heard from
yet.  Hope you can make it!

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbemf!nrc
                                          nrc@cbemf.att.com