Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Album rumors,Ftping, and THE CAN

From: UK04160@ukpr.uky.edu
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 92 13:23:32 EST
Subject: Album rumors,Ftping, and THE CAN

Unfortunately, the news of a new Kate album in July appears to be a
wishful rumor. I have looked at a US release schedule that lists new
major label releases through the end of July, and Kate's name was nowhere
on the list. I also haven't seen any mention or advertisements for any
new Kate product in GOLDMINE, and such advertisements usually precede
any new releases from collectable artists by at least a month. I hope
someone out there can prove me wrong...

I haven't been able to ftp to wiretap.spies.com using the anonymous
ID either. Has anyone been able to do this?

I've seen several advertisements for a bootleg/pirate set called
THE CAN lately. I do not have this set, but here are the details in
case anyone is thinking of ordering it. The music contained in
the set is as follows:

        December Will Be Magic Again (Its Christmas version)
        Be Kind To My Mistakes (soundtrack version)
        Sing Children Sing (Leslie Duncan single..Kate on backing vocals)
        You (The Game Pt. III) (Roy Harper...Kate on backing vocals)
        Flowers (Zaine Griff single..Kate's vocals are prominemt)
        Sister and Brother (Midge Ure...'duet' with Kate)
        Once (Roy Harper...Kate on backing vocals)
        The Seer (Big Country...practically a duet with Kate)

The set comes with a t-shirt, a sticker, and a booklet...prices
vary, but I've seen go for about as much as the LIONESS AT HEART box.
(kind of a bootleggers answer to this '1 CD box' craze I guess).
(The preceeding info was taken from HOT WACKS).

Paul (uk04160@ukpr.uky.edu)